Animal Control

Animal Requirements

All dogs over the age of 4 months must have a current microchip license and rabies vaccination. Microchips and rabies vaccinations are available from your local Veterinarian or the annual vaccination clinic held in the community.


  • Residents may purchase a 1 year license for $20 for an unaltered dog or $15 for an altered animal.


  • All dogs, when off of the owner’s property, must be kept on a leash and not allowed to run at large.
  • Roosters and other types of farm animals are not allowed to be kept within the City of Farmersville.

Animal Shelter

Animals that are found by the Animal Control Officer are held at the City of Tulare Animal Services Department 3817 South K Street. To contact them, please call 559-685-5047. Residents that have lost an animal or looking for a new family pet are encouraged to visit the shelter.


The Animal Control Officer is available for after hour’s emergency situations by calling 559-747-0321. Emergency situations include animal bites, sick or injured stray animals and animals that pose a safety risk to the public.